Blue Flag For Private Boat Owners
You also want to make a difference, but are not a site manager?
If you are an individual boat owner and you wish to make particular efforts towards a better environment, you can sign our Code of Conduct, and become part of our network.
You will receive a Blue Flag for your boat, to show that you respect those rules, and that you are a proud lover of our Oceans and coastline.
How to obtain it? It’s very simple. Contact us on 01 4002229 or by email and we will explain the procedure and send you an application form.
Come and join us – let’s make a difference together!
The Blue Flag for Private Boat owners’ Environmental Code of Conduct
- I will not throw rubbish into the sea or along the coast.
- I will not release toilet water in coastal waters and sensitive areas.
- I will not release poisonous or toxic waste (oil, paint, used batteries, cleaning agents, etc) into the sea. I will deliver these types of waste to the containers in the marina.
- I will promote and use recycling facilities (glass, paper, etc).
- I will use the most environmentally friendly products that are available and work efficiently.
- I will instantly report pollution or other violation of environmental regulations to the authorities.
- I will not engage in forbidden fishing practices and I will respect periods when fishing is prohibited.
- I will protect animals and plants in the sea, including no disturbance of breeding birds, seals or other marine mammals.
- I will respect vulnerable and nature protected areas.
- I will avoid damaging the sea floor (in the way that I anchor, etc).
- I will avoid disturbing fishery or fishing gear.
- I will not buy or use objects made from protected species or from archaeological underwater findings.
- I will encourage other boaters to take care of the environment.